The winning products:
- Contain mostly ingredients sourced from nature rather than created in a lab
- Don't contain compounds that have been linked to toxic reactions in humans, including parabens, phthalates, and synthetic dyes, colors, and fragrance
- Were judged to be highly effective by our panel of dermatologists and 50 product testers
- Were released within the past 12 months
Winner: The geranium and peppermint essential oils in PLANT GET HAPPY BODYWASH ($18 for 9.5 oz, shop.prevention.com) make for an invigorating and luxurious shower. One tester called the gel "minty but not too tingly."
Runner-up: JASON FOAMING SHOWER OIL IN RENEWING OLIVE ($7 for 10 oz, amazon.com), which contains softening glycerin and olive oil and becomes foamy when combined with water, leaves skin feeling smooth, not greasy.
5 Natural Skin Solutions
- Sunflower oil to soften dry skin
- Honey to soothe chapped lips
- Olive oil to remove makeup
- Avocado to reduce age spots
- Cucumber slices to ease under-eye swelling